4.04.2010

Daniel: Elton John

Is there a song that you can listen to over and over again and never ever get sick of it? Maybe you have a few, maybe you don't even listen to it that often. Maybe you listen to it on repeat and have for years. But everyone has one (or more) song(s) that really mean the world to them. Maybe it's the song that keeps you going, or reminds you of a better time. Maybe it just puts you in a good mood. I know I have at least two of those songs. When I'm listening to those songs, it feels like no matter what happens I can handle it. Those songs for me are Tiny Dancer by Elton John and Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.
Of course, Brown Eyed Girl is a must. It's one of the most important attributes between my mother and I. In a family of blue-eyed babies, I was the one with brown eyes. That song always lightens my spirits, even if just a little bit.
And then there's Tiny Dancer. I have no idea why, but that song makes me so happy. If I'm running, it makes me feel like I can keep going. If I'm angry, it calms me down. If I'm happy, it can only make me happier.
Everyone has songs like those. Weezer referred to all kinds of songs in their song Heart Songs from their album The Red Album. Good album, by the way. It's amazing how you can hear a song every day and still love it, or hear it once in a blue moon and love it just as much. What are YOUR heart songs?

No comments: