11.23.2009

Split Needles: The Shins

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I am reminding myself of what I'm thankful for and creating my yearly Christmas list to give to all the aunts and uncles on Turkey Thursday. As every year, the prices range from far too expensive to less than ten dollars (may as well dream big, no?)

I'm thinking about buying Bellatrix a new tank or some kind of decoration for Christmas. She's been a good fishy this year... I may as well treat her to something. As for everyone else in the family, I'm not sure yet. It's always so tough shopping for them. I hate buying them random stuff they want or giving them money or giftcards because I feel like since I'm family I should be buying them something that will MEAN something. I was considering adopting each of their favorite wild animals from the World Wildlife Fund, but I'm still not entirely sure if I can even afford it. They would be supplied with a certificate stating that they have adopted the animal and, if I put out enough money per person, they will receive a stuffed animal, too. I put the Vampire Bat on my Christmas list, because bats are my favorite animal. They're so cool!

What's another big one on my Christmas list this year? A star. I would love a star registered in my name. That would totally make me melt as a romantic gift from the hunny... hopefully he got my hint of "It looks sparkly, but I can't actually touch it. I can only see it at certain times of the day, and I can see more of them in Vermont than in New Jersey." I think that just about does it. He understood that I was talking about a star... oh well. I feel badly that I can't go all out for his Christmas presents this year. But I'm kind of skimping on everyone's gifts. I can't afford too much. But I think that what I DO have in store for everyone will be special.

I can't believe I'm talking about Christmas THIS MUCH this early! Shame on me. Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet.

At any rate, I'm more than excited to go home tomorrow night, now. I'm antsy. Can't possibly stay in my seat any longer!!! And so, I am off to go and pack for tomorrow night. At 7:00 pm. When I will go home. Probably won't be back home until Wednesday, but that's a-o-k with me! Because I am SOOO EXCITED TO GO HOME!

No comments: